The Big Christmas Feed is on again. Run by businesswoman and super mum Simone Azzi, the event feeds over 200 of the Inner West’s homeless. Mrs Azzi said after last year’s efforts, Realestate.com.au awarded her an “Advantage Community Grant” for her work, with all proceeds now going into the 2018 event. “I think I have a social responsibility to help,” she said. “As a real estate agent, I sell many beautiful and expensive properties, but not everyone has a home. “For many of us, we’re lucky we get to spend time with family, to have a nice meal, relax at home and open presents at Christmas, but not everyone has an opportunity to do so.”
Hundreds will sleep rough in Sydney this festive season, with countless more in temporary accommodation embarking on a new year ahead in uncertain circumstances.
Set for Thursday December 13, The Big Christmas Feed will consist of a huge dinner service with delicious desserts, fresh barista coffee, a pop-up pantry and mobile shower and laundry services for the homeless.
Businesses that have put their hands up to help include
- director and master stylist of Paloma Salon in Paddington, Paloma Rose Garcia who will be giving free, walk-up haircuts for the homeless
- Gelato Messina,
- Orange Sky mobile shower and laundry vans
- The Little Marionette Coffee
- Ribs and Burgers Group and Stoneground Bakery
- “Every Little Bit Helps” will provide bags of essential toiletry items
- Shoes for Planet Earth will donate a selection of socks and shoes.
Mrs Azzi said donations of supermarket vouchers, blankets, pillows, pantry goods and clean second-hand socks, and shoes would be greatly appreciated.
Businesses or community members who would like to donate can personally contact Simone Azzi on 0433 236 281. The designated drop off zone is at the Belle Property Annandale office at 157 Nelson Street, Annandale.