A lot of people still think a number of things are ‘off limits’ when it comes to healthy eating – chocolate, egg yolks, coconut cream, for example.
Well, the things that should really be off limits are those weirdo processed low fat packets, that are essentially chemical cocktails doing way more harm than the odd, delicious and real ingredient treat could ever do. A real treat like grandma used to make is mostly nourishing! So, friends, this delicious recipe will see to it that you are not only satisfied by unctuous mouthfuls of silky smooth chocolate pudding. It will nourish you big time with healthy fats, omega 3, vitamin A, D, K2, lauric acid for immune building and, thanks to the gelatin, it will look after your hair, nails, joints and collagen production. Enjoy.
Chocolate Custard Pots
Gluten free. Grain free. Dairy free.
2 cups coconut cream
3 eggs and an egg yolk
3 tablespoons maple, honey
or rice malt syrup
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 flat tablespoon gelatin powder
100g dairy free dark chocolate (3/4 cup chopped roughly)
1. Blend all the ingredients, except the chocolate & gelatin), until smooth.
2. Place in a saucepan on low, stirring continuously until it thickens and coats the back of the spoon. Place back into blender with the gelatin and blend on high for 5 seconds to combine.
3. Add chopped dark chocolate and let it melt into the hot custard. Pulse a couple of times once melted to combine and pour into little pots or ramekins and refrigerate for an hour or two to set.
4. Serve as is or with fresh berries, whipped cream and little chunks of crushed, toasted hazelnuts.
Thermomix instructions: Place all except chocolate and gelatin in TM on speed 4 at 80ºC for 7 minutes. Then add gelatin, blend on speed 8 for 3 seconds. Add chocolate and let it melt. Blend quickly on speed 6 for 3 seconds once melted to ensure it’s well combined and pour into pots and garnish once cool and set.
• Recipe by Alexx Stuart – mum, blogger, speaker and author of ‘Real Treats’.
See www.alexxstuart.com for more info.