Green Light Day is a NSW Government and industry combined initiative, aimed at promoting careers in transport and logistics. Green Light Day provides interested high school students with an opportunity to get hands-on experience in an exciting transport and logistics career.
Green Light Day is a NSW Government/industry initiative aimed at promoting careers in transport and logistics. It targets high school students in Years 9-12 and provides the opportunity to experience first-hand careers the transport and logistics industry has to offer. This year, they have five industry partners across Sydney and regional NSW hosting 17 schools and 250 students. This year, the industry partners comprise of:
- RAAF Base Richmond
- Transport for NSW Training Facility, Petersham
- Woolworths Sydney Distribution Centre, Minchinbury,
- Linfox Intermodal Transport Hub, Parkes
- Fletcher International Exports, Dubbo
Transport for NSW Training Facility is generously hosting Green Light Day 2019 in Petersham.
Green Light Day is commencing at 9:00am on 23 October 2019 at Transport for NSW, 2 Trafalgar St, Petersham NSW 2049
Green Light Day aims to
- Raise community awareness of the role of the transport and logistics industry
- Raise awareness among high school students, of the available transport and logistics career opportunities
- Raise awareness among high school students, of the transport and logistics career pathways supported by TAFE NSW, through further education