Officially opened on August 17th, 1918, the hall pictured here was the second hall used by the 1st Concord Scout Group and their first permanent residence. Before this point, the scout group had used the school hall at St. Luke’s Parish Hall and the Committee Rooms at St. Luke’s Oval Pavilion. This scout club was formed near the end of 1915 under the leadership of Scout Master Dean Symons and with the support of the Mayor of Concord, Alderman Charles Savage. Savage and his family were closely involved in the development of the scout group into the 1920s.
Thanks to the City of Canada Bay for the use of this image.