Haberfield hullabaloo, foot fetishists, facelifts and pop-up cash cows
• What were all the ambulances and police vehicles doing on Ramsay Street, Haberfield, recently? One thing’s for sure, they didn’t stop by for cannoli and coffee. There are rumours of a medical emergency concerning one of the locals, but could it be something more sinister?
• Spotted in Birkenhead Point: the serial shoe festishist who frequents local shoe shops trying on heels that don’t actually fit him. We don’t blame the guy for wanting to parade around in fabulous bejewelled pumps but making staff pull out 10 to 15 pairs of shoes to try on and not buying anything is just cruel.
• Who was the cunning opportunist that set up a makeshift florist at the B&T Collision Repairs site on Parramatta Road on Valentine’s Day with just a fold out table and some buckets? Some might say it was a brilliant idea to cash in on the commercial holiday, but it certainly didn’t go down well with the long established Urban Flower florist located directly on the opposite side of road.
• Can you guess which cafe owner and his team have a penchant for participating in some not-so-legal ‘recreational’ activities during business hours? Just kidding, no one in the Inner West would do that…or would they?
• It looks like The Clarence Hotel in Petersham is on the market yet again (this must be the hundredth time in last two years!). We’re not sure why this pub can’t seem to make it work, it’s even had a facelift over the last few months. Perhaps there’s just too much competition from the Bald Faced Stag across the road. Either way, we hope it finds a purpose soon.
• Speaking of facelifts, some Leichhardt locals need to take it easy on the botox. Just a friendly word of advice…